Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Homemade Baking Mix: More Delicious Creations

Pancakes & Strawberry Shortcake


I don't have any photos to prove their existence, but I used the homemade baking mix to make pancakes on Sunday using the recipe found on the original homemade baking mix site. Just had to add milk and eggs, mix a bit, and the lumpy mixture produced delicious and luscious pancakes. Fast and easy!

And tonight I used it to make strawberry shortcake, by following the original Bisquik recipe for the cake part and subbing in my mix for the Bisquik! Just took the homemade mix out of the freezer and mixed it right up with the rest of the ingredients. Topped the warm cakes with $.99 strawberries from Aldi and Cool Whip, and the hubby and I were happy campers.

So, yeah. Homemade baking mix = super awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment